
I originally wanted to put the azaleas in this corner to cover up the utility boxes. However, I had two problems. One, I was afraid of blowing myself up by not calling diggers hotline. And, two, I just didn't have enough to cover that ugly corner.
So, I thought, what do I do now? Maybe they could go in this corner:
Yes, I'm stuck w/ ugly things in each corner. However, I still had the problem of potentially being blown up, and I didn't want to wait for digger's hotline people because I was afraid my plants would die.Soooooo.... this is where I put them. In front of my living room windows. I dug and planted all by myself. I'm quite proud of myself, but don't care to do it again!


Not only that, after I started digging, we decided to save two more different types of bushes. I have these on the side of my house--next to my kitchen window.
I still have a bunch of dirt that I need to get rid of. That'll be my goal for this week! However, I need to fix my wheelbarrow first. Did I mention that I broke the wheelbarrow handle when it jumped in front of my car when I was driving into the garage :)I can't wait to get those three flats of flowers I ordered from the High School Band Fundraiser. It'll be nice to have some more color in the front yard!
4 comments:
That looks so great! You did an excellent job!!! I can't believe you did it after having Pink-eye too! I'd be afraid my eyes would get irritated again and I'd end up with pink-eye all over again! I'm such a positive person, lol!!
I was so tired of being cooped up that it felt good to be outside...until the back started hurting!
Beautiful!! And I LOVE your house! You have to post some more pictures for my sake!
And when you call that "Blue Stakes" hotline or whatever it's called, they have to come out within something like 48-72 hours - it's reasonable. So call now so they can have it marked for when you're ready to plant again!
Kari, I actually did get it marked already. now i'm waiting for the landscapers to give me some ideas!
Post a Comment