Thursday, April 17, 2008

Growing up

My kiddos at the Houston Rodeo

I really have nothing spectacular to say. But I'm just thinking about my kids and wondering what they're going to do/ what they're going to be like when they are older. Each week flies by so fast. I can't believe that they're growing up so fast. Aren't I too young to have a kid who turns 12 this year??

On the other hand, they both still need mom. Kyle is the first to come over for a hug and kiss before going up to bed. And Emily still manages to snuggle up to me if I'm on the couch. We were watching The Biggest Loser on Tuesday night (our little tradition) and I was folding laundry. Emily came down with her blanket and asked me 2 or 3 times if I wanted to use her blanket. It took me a while to catch on that she just wanted to snuggle. So the laundry is still sitting in the basket, but I got some good snuggle time in with my baby girl.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh that is sweet! Tyler is my little snuggler! We get in snuggle time daily, it seems, and I love it! Good for you! Emily must feel very important to you!

Sonia said...

That is too cute!!! I love it when they do that! I have to agree about you being too young to have a son turning 12 this year! I'm in the same boat, and it seems like Adam was just born. How does that happen. When you're a kid time can't go fast enough, then when you're an adult, BAM, a year is over in about a month! I still catch myself writing 2006 on things? I just can't keep up, lol!!!