Monday, April 7, 2008

Texas Wildlife

When we lived in Wisconsin we had all kinds of wildlife running through our backyard. We had deer, turkies, rabbits, chipmunks and all kinds of birds. We even had a red squirrel who lived in our wood pile who we affectionately called Ginger. (affectionately until she stole all the cotton from our gas grill cover!)

Here, since we have a fenced-in yard, we see birds but nothing much more exciting than that. Thankfully no TX-sized snakes.

Yesterday, however, we went on a walk by the bayou not too far from our house (maybe 2.5 miles). We saw GATORS!!!! Baby gators, but gators nonetheless. Where there's a baby there's a mommy isn't there? We also saw cranes, turtles and the hugest frog I have ever seen!!

It was definitely fun and exciting!

3 comments:

Sonia said...

You guys are brave!!! I don't think I'll ever go walking on the bayous!!! Even baby gators are enough to keep me away, lol!!!

Kari said...

Wild! Gators would definitely freak my freak!! Where are the pictures?!! :)

Julie said...

No pictures unfortunately. We weren't expecting to see anything.