Saturday, October 4, 2008

I LOVE this weekend

It's the first weekend of October, and that means General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We get to listen to 8 hours of inspiration and instruction from our church leaders over the course of 4 sessions on Saturday and Sunday. And, in addition, today my son is attending his first Priesthood meeting with his dad.

I look forward to this weekend so I can be uplifted and edified. My kids love it because of the other traditions we have, usch as homemade caramel corn made with KERNELS. The kids think it's way cool to watch the corn pop in the popper. Emily usually grabs blankets and about a zillion stuffed animals and we all sit down together to watch and eat.

I'm feeling this overwhelming thankfulness for my little family. Nothing spectacular reason why. In fact, it all came about because I took a "day off". I pretty much stayed home all day (at least til the kids had to go to their practices) and read, pondered, watched some shows on the family. It was wonderful. I went to bed feeling more fulfilled after doing "nothing" all day than when I spend the entire day running around just being a busy bee.

Maybe it's because I concentrated on things that were important, i.e. learning more about how to become a strong family. My kids are at very interesting points in their lives...did I mention Greg waved to Kyle when he passed the bus stop and Kyle only half-lifted his hand. Oh boy. I just want to gather them like a hen gathers her chickens and not let them go. But I guess, that's not the correct thing to do.

I hope to learn more this weekend. Hopefully I can put those things into practice too!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Sonia said...

It looks like you had a great weekend! It is nice every once in a while to sit back and do nothing except enjoy life! We really don't do that enough! I can't believe how much older the kids look since the last time I saw them! I can just imagine the difference between last years pictures and this years! Tell your family we said hello!