Thursday, October 9, 2008

What do YOU do when your spouse is away?

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, really!! But I realized I have some different "routines" when Greg is away on business. And I'm wondering if you do too.

Here are mine:
1. I stay up way too late. I either get sucked into medical/mystery shows on tv or I get on the computer and do some searchin' (Don't worry. I'm not looking up anything bad!)
2. I pretty much don't do any major cleaning until a couple of hours before Greg's return. But I like to have it looking good before his arrival. Doesn't always happen.
3. I don't cook anything that requires more than opening a box and throwing it into the oven or microwave. Emily's been eating wheat toast w/ butter for dinner. Kyle, well, has he eaten?? Me, chips and salsa.
4. I get extra diligent about turning the alarm on. But I haven't quite mastered turning it off before the door opens and the siren starts blaring.
5. I wonder why I'm not so care-free every day!

Tell me what YOU do differently. Or maybe it's just me.

4 comments:

Kari said...

I am so with you on the not cooking, or hardly cooking thing! I think that is the best part of having them gone! I am amazed at how much smaller our grocery bill is. Laren is by far, our biggest eater!

I'm guilty of staying up too late too - but the early morning walks seem to keep me in check a bit better with that.

Hot Pants said...

Why is it so much more relaxing? I have to do EVERYTHING, but I am way more lax about it all.

Karen said...

I love this post, it reminds me of the saying "when's the cats away the mice will...PLAY!"

Sonia said...

Yup, I definitely don't cook. In fact, I try to make it a point to either have cereal or something from a drive-thru/delivery. I stay up way too late, and I let the housework pile up. Ahh...sometimes it's nice to have a few days off. Well, as much as you can be "off," when you still have kids to take care of, right?