Monday, July 28, 2008

Our weekend

We picked Kyle up from Camp on Saturday. Actually, Em and I picked up Greg from the San Antonio airport on Friday night so we could be to camp by 9 a.m. (Kerrville is 3.5 hours from here, and that just wasn't happening).

Kyle had a great time and had no voice when we picked him up. He wouldn't let me give him a hug when we saw him, but I was able to sneak one when we got to the restaurant for lunch. (Speaking of lunch, the kids were THRILLED. We went to Culver's, which is a restaurant that is based in Wisconsin. There are no Culver's anywhere close to here, so they haven't been in years.)

We decided to stay in Kerrville Saturday night too so we could do some sightseeing in the Hill Country. There's a little town not too far from there that has neat little shops and lots of German-style restaurants, etc. It was fun, but the place we stayed was, well, not so great. But, let's just say that Kerrville is not known for its hotels.

We got home last night about 6 p.m., which gave me time enough to vacuum my disaster of a van. How can kids drop EVERYTHING on the floor? Popcorn, skittles, who knows what else. Of course, Greg reminded me that his car would NEVER look like that because he has rules. I reminded him that even though he does have rules he doesn't tote around half the neighborhood kids. Nor does he take them to soccer, football, the beach, etc. And letting the kids eat in the car helps during those all-day drives.

I lost my train of thought. All in all, it was a good weekend. We're all glad to be home. Four more weeks of summer vacation to go...but who's counting?

3 comments:

Sonia said...

That is too funny! My van ends up the same way! I've tried rules, but it doesn't work. And Adam's car is even worse than mine, and I'm the one toting the kids around. Ask Kyle, he had a melted crayon in his car,lol! Btw, there are only 4 weeks left, so when should we expect you guys? Adam is DYING to see Kyle!

Kari said...

Yeah, my van gets trashed so quickly because of my kids leaving all their wrappers, etc.. in there. I've gotten to where I assign one of them to go clean it out and vacuum it as one of the weekly chores.

I'm glad Kyle had fun at camp! We have a Culver's here - it is kind of new and we've never tried it. What is good to eat there?

Rendi said...

You were the one's to introduce us to Culver's... I remember going to one in WI with you! That's so awesome Kyle got to go to camp- how is his diabetes? My mom was asking me. We only have 3 weeks until school starts! I guess we better get that camping trip in soon...