Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bored?

OK. I made it til this week til I heard one of my kids utter, "I'm bored." It was Kyle 4 days after his BFF, Adam, moved. (Do boys have BFFs?)

There has been nothing "normal" about our schedule. I hate to admit it, but chores are not getting done on a regular basis, too much time is spent in front of the computer, we probably get way too much sun at the pool, and we haven't been to the gym on a consistent basis AT ALL.

But, in some kind of crazy way, it's been very enjoyable. We're all up late (unfortunately I've become somewhat of an insomniac) and sleep in. OK, Greg's up at the crack of dawn, but the rest of us are snoozing for a few hours after he leaves home.

This week Kyle has football camp in the evening, but other than that, no schedule whatsoever. I usually hate not being very scheduled, but for some reason this summer is an exception.

4 comments:

Kari said...

I've heard the "I'm bored" a few times already this summer too! I tell them that it is not my job to keep them entertained!

I think they must have gotten overstimulated on vacation or something?

Sonia said...

That's all I've heard too! Adam is dying without Kyle. So am I to be quite honest! Now I have three kids to deal with, lol! When can you guys get here? We'll be waiting!!! Btw, our trampoline and basketball goal didn't arrive until late Sunday afternoon. Yeah, we won't be using them again, neither will Adam's company!

Rendi said...

Mine don't see me all day long and I still get I'm bored. They are learning to not say it too much because I give them jobs every time they do! I do have a question for you though- what happened to the disciplined Julie that I knew? Are you rebelling from that image?

Karen said...

We are feeling the same way around here, we've been very unscheduled this summer!