Sunday, July 20, 2008

Insomnia


It's Sunday night. As usual, I'm not even tired because I drank way too much Diet Coke. So I figured I'd post something. (And I didn't even get a nap today!)


We took Kyle to Diabetes Camp in Kerrville, TX today. He had a blast last year even if it did rain every day. This year the forecast looks much brighter. We were in the car for at least 7 hours today. Even Emily came along for the "road trip" instead of staying with her friend. I think she was afraid she'd miss something---like going to Buc-ees.

One of our favorite Buc-ees billboards. There are about 2 or 3 dozen of them from Katy to Luling, TX. They're all funny...and EVERYWHERE!

Buc-ees is this awesome gas station/store that sells really neat Texan things and the best kettle corn you'll ever find. Every time we go, Greg wants to spend what I think is too much money on something for our Texas-themed powder room. And every time I say I'll look for it online first. This time I can't find what I'm looking for. Believe me, I've tried for the past few hours. I guess buc-ees is going to be about $60 richer when I pass through again next weekend. Of course, I probably could make the same darn thing for about $15. But who am I kidding? That'll never happen.

3 comments:

Rendi said...

You crack me up! Hey- I found some good old pics and you will need to check my blog soon for the posting of them!

Kari said...

Yum, the kettle corn sounds good! No wonder she didn't want to miss out?! I hope Kyle has a great time at diabetes camp, I think it's great they offer stuff like that for kids!

Sonia said...

Can you believe I see those all the time, and we have NEVER stopped at one? Duh,if I would've known they had yummy kettle corn, I would've stopped a long time ago!!! Adam's going crazy by the way, but he looking forward to emailing Kyle! Now that he's got his room unpacked, lol!!!