OK Sonia, here are 7 random things about me.
1. I can't beat Sonia's first kiss story (the recipient turned out to be gay). But I will admit that I kissed a lot of toads before I met my prince charming. So, if I remember correctly, my first kiss was at the roller rink. And Greg did kiss me on the first date.
2. I'm obsessed with saving money. It's kind of like a game. If I can get something free or really cheap because of coupons or rewards or whatever, I'm thrilled. Of course, this savings is usually spent on going out to lunch with friends to celebrate!
3. At the end of my senior year in high school, Greg came home from BYU and we started dating. When Greg went on his mission, he told me not to wait for him. Secretly, he hoped I would. Secretly, I got pretty serious with another guy who also left for a mission. Greg got home first.
4. I pretty much got no sleep for years when the kids were little. I was pregnant with Emily when Kyle (age 2) was diagnosed with diabetes. In addition to getting up to feed a little baby, I'd have to set the alarm for 3 a.m. to check Kyle's blood sugar. Then, get up another time during the night depending on the number. This went on for years because we just couldn't get Kyle's diabetes under control. It was not fun.
5. I LOVE crime/medical shows. Give me a CSI:Miami marathon and a Diet Coke and I'm set for hours. Throw in a little Dr. G and Mystery Diagnosis and I'll lie in bed all night watching TV, especially when Greg is out of town.
6. I dread going upstairs. It's sort of the kids' domain since our master bedroom is downstairs and I don't really have a need to go up there much. I never know what I'm going to find. Here's a sampling of what I've already found: a bottle of ketchup in Kyle's room, an upside-down pink stamp pad on the gameroom floor, red and blue nailpolish on bathroom door. I'm constantly sending them upstairs to clean, and I always hope to believe them when they say they did.
7. And lastly, my jobs. In high school I was a cashier at Shopko (kinda like Target), a Christmas bow maker, a survey taker. During college I worked at this little snack shop called the Inside Track at BYU. There were about four of us who worked there--total. And the "clientele" for the most part was made up of male athletes and coaches. Even if I was a short order cook, it was so much fun. And hey, I was a single young lady who got to hang out with buff guys. . I was an editor of a newspaper after graduation. (I quit when I had Kyle, which, in retrospect, was pretty dumb since Greg was still in school.) When we lived in Chicago I worked at a Toyota dealership on Saturdays. Hated it, but needed the extra cash. Most recently, I've been an assistant for two different Mary Kay directors in Wisconsin. I haven't done it since moving to Texas since the director I was working for decided to do something else, but I am toying with the idea of being a virtual assistant. Then, I think better of it and realize that I love the time that I have now.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It didn't take you long to find your 7 things. I think we should have a girls night before I leave watching all those crime/medical shows! That would be a blast! Throw in a little dinner at La Finca with your savings and we'll be set! I have to say, I'm a little jealous of you getting to work with all the buff guys. Hmm...why didn't I ever think of doing something like that? Probably because I would've been too shy to talk to them, lol!!!
Love your random facts Julie. I learned so many new things about you. You are wonderful! Have a good day.
Post a Comment