Sunday, June 1, 2008

5th Grade Graduation

Kyle and his Primary friends at 5th grade graduation (minus one more girl from Kyle's class)

Thursday was 5th Grade Graduation at school. As Greg and I were walking up to the school, I asked, "AM I OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A KID LEAVING GRADE SCHOOL?" I'm in shock. I still feel young, but my "baby boy" is going to be in JUNIOR HIGH next year!! Junior High!!! When did he grow up? When did I grow up?

Then, to make matters worse, the former principal announces that we only have 7 more years of school with these these kiddos. My first thought was I only have 7 years to make up for the 11 that I fumbled through with lots of faults and flaws. But, in actuality, a mother is always a mother no matter how old her children get. I still call my mom for advice or encouragement. I hope my kids will do the same.

We're so proud of you Kyle. Three grade schools in three different cities and two states. And you were such a good sport about it each time. Keep up the hard work and enjoy Junior High next year....just leave me a box of tissues when you leave for school the first day!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Time flies....I feel the same way & my oldest is only 9. These events, like graduation always remind me to cherish every minute because it will gone before we know it.

Kari said...

Yeah, I feel like I've fumbled my way through the first 12 years of Motherhood as well. And I can't believe Kyle and Kayla are old enough for Jr. High (it's middle school here)!!!

These kids are growing up too fast!

Sonia said...

I know what you mean! I was so shocked when she said 7 more years! What a rude awakening! Thankfully it wasn't high school graduation. Although, I'm sure that'll be here before we know it too!!!!

Rendi said...

Kyle is growing up. Crazy- I still remember him as a toddler that we would take to McD and he staked his claim on our guest room! Oh well, time goes on. Tell him congrats and have a great summer. Thanks for giving me your blog!