My sister and her family (Kathy, my sis. Jeff, my bil, Cassie 13 and Justin, 11) came to visit us from Wisconsin. They flew in last Friday and left today. We did a TON of fun stuff...and now we're all totally exhausted.
Here's our itinerary:
Friday: They flew in. We came home to just relax a bit. The kids started their week-long wii competition. In the evening we went for a walk along the bayou to see what critters we could find. We saw a little snake on the sidewalk, but no gators. My sister just about had a heart attack walking where there "could be" gators.
Saturday: We rented a 12-passenger van and took off for San Antonio. We toured the Alamo and the River Walk, complete with boat ride. Of course, we stopped at Buc-ees each way for kettle corn, jerky, and bathrooms!
Justin and Kyle at the River Walk
Sunday: Galveston Island. The kids brought bags to collect shells. Emily was most interested in jumping the waves. We'll definitely try to get back at least once this summer.
Emily being her regular animated self at the beach
Monday: We visited the Johnson Space Center. I've been a few times, but still get something new out of it every time. I love seeing the historic mission control. Things were so different technologically back in the 60s-70s. It amazes me how we ever got a man on the moon using mainframe computers with hardly any memory...Tuesday: Everyone slept in. Off to Rocket City for some pizza and games. The kids had a grand time. Then we left for the Astros/Brewers game. It was hot and the Brewers lost (yes, we had to all cheer for them), but it was fun anyway. Emily got Russell Branyon's autograph...and later he gave her a practice ball. She's in seventh heaven. The other kids held in their jealousy pretty well, I think.
Wednesday: Shopping at the mall. Ice cream at Marble Slab. Swimming at the neighborhood pool. Dinner at Outback to celebrate Kathy and Jeff's 20th Anniversary. Then cake at home.
Today: The Bonins got off to the airport in good time. Then I took Em for her follow-up x-ray. She's good to go, but can't jump on the trampoline for another 2 weeks.
We all just had so much fun. It's going to be difficult to follow up the rest of the summer in such an exciting manner. We have one week before we leave on vacation and I'll probably be doing laundry until then!
4 comments:
Well send your kids my way if you're busy with laundry. Adam was sooo bored waiting for Kyle to be "available!" And we all know Avery loves to see Emily! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!!!
What a fun and busy week. I bet they loved coming here to visit and to top it off all of the fun activities you did. Next time I have fam in town I will have to have you help me plan the itinerary.
Wow! Sounds like a great week. I'm so glad you had a great time with your family.
It sounds like it was a fun time! I've always wanted to go to the Riverwalk in San Antonio.
I have a "blogging friend" from there and she has visited there quite a few times.
Post a Comment