Monday, June 30, 2008

Back from Vacation

We just spent the week in Utah and had a blast! Coincidentally, Greg's sister and family were in town during part of the week also, so the cousins got to see each other for the first time in a year!

We toured BYU, our alma mater, and were amazed with the changes. Everyone even made it up to the Y when we hiked. Emily and McKenna (the 8 year olds) made it up first!

Our visit to the Olympic Park was great. Freestyle skiiers were jumping into a pool of water...I guess that's what you do when there's no snow. And everyone loved the Alpine Slide!

We were at the 4111th broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word, toured Temple Square, ate at a couple of old favorite restaurants (which weren't nearly as good as I remembered), met at a park with Greg's extended family, did a bit of shopping, went to a Bees AAA baseball game (where Emily got another ball because she just stands there looking cute), ate too much and are glad to be home.

We almost didn't make it to the airport on time because I-10 in Houston was shut down. We had 2 minutes to spare when Greg dropped us off at the door. He had to park at the airport instead of using the off-site Parking Spot where we had free parking set up because he uses it all the time. Oh well, spending $120 for parking was worth getting us all there on one plane as we had planned. We got delayed in Denver on the way home and didn't make it home til 3 a.m. Needless to say, we slept in yesterday.

Now we have to come up with a "summer schedule" as we've been pretty much vacationing all of June.

2 comments:

Rendi said...

I am so sad we missed you guys while you were in Utah. I guess that means that we will have to go to Texas. I haven't been there in a very long time- probably 6-7 years... I'm sure it is still hot and muggy though! Looks like you guys had a great time in UT.

Sonia said...

We are so glad you guys are back, and I'm sooo jealous! I'd like to go to Utah someday!