Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just being random

These are just some random things we've been doing.

Saturday: Kids had a piano recital. They did great! Kyle did the theme from Mission Impossible and Em did "My heart will go on" from the Titanic as a duet with her piano teacher, Meilina. We love Meilina and are sad/excited for her that she's heading off to BYU next Fall.

Sunday: Blogged about it already (hurt arm)

Monday: Blogged about it (doctor)

Tuesday: To orthopedist with Em. He was glad it was the humurous because it always heals well. In fact, he said she needs the sling and nothing else. And the good news is that after school lets out next week, she's allowed to stop using the sling (if it's comfortable enough) and even go to the pool. No trampoline or bike or anything, but at least she could get back to writing her novel :)
No, I'm not kidding about that!!

Took the kids to eye doc. Found out Em needs glasses.

Wednesday: Went to kickboxing. Twisted my ankle and fell right on my butt. Now my whole right side from my ankle to my glutes hurt. Don't think I seriously hurt anything, but just sore.
No Friday morning kickboxing for me this week.

Tried to process my passport at the post office. I gave them my info and they gave me a number. #23. Then I was told to wait til she got back from lunch and got through numbers 13-22. Sorry. Not interested in waiting around all day. So I went to Sam's Club and came home. I'm trying to find a podunk post office to go to. I found one that supposedly has appointments. I need to call today.

I also had a great conversation with Nola who is in London. So jealous of her travels!

Then just a bunch of misc, boring errands til I came home and crashed around 8:30 p.m. I found out David Cook won American Idol (not a popular decision in my household) , read the store ads and went to sleep.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

I'm so glad Emily only needs the sling. We found out today that Aidan's fracture is almost completely healed already, so no need for a cast! Whoo hoo! I'm such a bad mom though, waiting so long to take him. Oh well, at least there won't be any deformity!!! I would've really felt bad!

Kari said...

We were rooting for David Archuleta too! Darn it, he didn't win!! But I do love David Cook's music too!

Oh my! Emily broke her arm? I'm going to have to read and catch up! Poor thing, I hope she heals quick. And a novel? Wow! That is great!! Kayla is working on one of those too, in her spare time, it's a hobby that I don't know where she got that from!

Tiffany said...

Hey Julie-
I wanted David A to win too. I need your email address, for when I send out updates to people. Thanks! Have a super day!
Tiffany