Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

We spent Saturday morning/early afternoon fixing the backboard on our basketball hoop. I have no idea why it broke in the first place, but luckily it was still under warranty.Then, we went to Saltgrass for a late lunch/early dinner. I LOVE their steak. And the kids love that they have peanuts to tide them over...

Afterward, we took Greg's Camry to the carwash. (I had to show him the ropes --which wash to get, when to get out of the car, who to tip, etc).

Then, we came home, got our swimsuits on, and went to Lifetime. We played in the pool for about an hour. When we got home the kids cleaned the upstairs (including their bedrooms) because that's all I wanted for a Mother's Day present.


On Mother's Day, the kids usually make me breakfast in bed. But since we have 8 o'clock church (nope, not a typo), they decided to make me a brunch after church. Emily's specialty is pancakes.
Kyle's specialty is scrambled eggs. I had to choose from a menu that the kids put together. I had a banana, eggs, toast, water and a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone...well, half a cone. Kyle dropped the first one on the floor. Then there was only enough ice cream left to fill another cone without anything on top!
I decided to just relax and enjoy the day yesterday. So today I have to do a major cleaning of the kitchen!
It was a great weekend even though, as usual, I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have. But we really needed and enjoyed the family time that we had together.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun! How sweet that the kids cleaned and cooked for you. I'll have to remember to ask for that next year.

Karen said...

I'm impressed with your children's cooking skills. Sound like you had a great day!