Tuesday, May 20, 2008

She did it again!

For the third time, Emily broke her arm. But this time it's the right arm --and she's much older--which will make for some very interesting/difficult times ahead.

She woke up on Sunday complaining that her arm hurt and that she couldn't get comfortable on it to sleep. So we stayed home from Church and I figured she just slept on it wrong or had "wii arm" like I sometimes do after playing wii tennis.

She remembered Sunday afternoon that, oh yeah, she hit her elbow on her door when she was going to bed Saturday night and fell on her arm. HOW DO YOU BREAK YOUR ARM AND NOT KNOW?? This is quite a break too. The bone is even moved over.

It didn't get much better, but she didn't actually complain about it a whole lot. She went to school on Monday in a bandage (which I thought was a placebo) and came home in pretty good spirits. But then I realized she couldn't physically raise her arm at all without pulling it up with her left hand. So we decided to go to the doctor and get x-rayed.
And the rest is history... well, actually the adventure is just beginning....

1 comment:

Karen said...

Poor girl! I can't believe she's broke her arm 3 times..yikes!