I am not a morning person, and that has definitely rubbed off on my children. Kyle comes down at 6:20 and tells me he's up. That's my cue to get out of bed and make him breakfast (a.k.a cereal). After contemplating the day for a few extra minutes, I crawl out of bed and get him going. Then I hop on the computer while he lies on the couch for a few minutes before the bus comes.
After Kyle leaves, I have precisely 7 minutes to lie down for a few extra winks. Then it's time for waking up the little princess.
Every school day for the past 2 1/2 years she has come down to the landing with her blanket and laid there until her breakfast is on the table. This is the scene:

Emily getting her extra beauty rest. Pretty soon she won't fit on the landing.
So maybe "early to bed, early to rise does make a man healthy, wealthy and wise." But, we're not ready for that yet!
3 comments:
I've never been a morning person either. My husband is, and it's super annoying. He wakes up early and freakishly happy and loud at about 5:30 every morning without an alarm,. I'd have to set an alarm to wake up at 9:00.
And my kids make their own breakfast, so you're a step above me on that one.
Wow, you have been busy. I've been so bad about blogging, but we've been sooo busy. It's so funny how Emily fits so perfectly on the landing. Too cute! We're not morning people either, but maybe when I grow up, I will be, lol!
It's not all that it's cracked up to be...us morning people. I have been getting up at 5:30 so I can get work done (should be exercising) and the boys get up way too early. What does that do? Make you pooped at night. So, the question is, do you want to be exhausted at night (thereby losing the coveted title of the life of the party) or do you want to be tired when you are just at home with the kids? Your call...
Post a Comment