38... good number for a lot of things, but not blood sugar.
Kyle just came home and was pounding on the door for me to let him in. It reminded me of one of those scary movies where the victim is pounding on the neighbor's door in the middle of the night. He said he felt low. But was low all day and ran out of sugar. (And didn't bother going to the nurse's office for more).
He fell on the couch til I brought him some juice. Now he's on the I-need-something-more-so-I-better-eat-everything-in-sight binge. Which means we'll be dealing with high blood sugar in about an hour.
Darn it. I increased his insulin two days ago because he's been running high numbers. I guess that it was too much. Now we're back to square one. I feel like I'm back to square one a lot-in most aspects of my life. Is that NORMAL??
Never mind, I don't really want to know.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor Kyle! He must have felt obliterated with his B/S that low!
And it must be so frustrating for you, trying to head something off and then to have it backfire on you!
Yeah, I feel like I'm pretty much back to square one on everything too - it's frustrating!
holy cow girl! it's a wonder he made it home - these kids, they are amazing. it seems they just keep on truckin' thru the craziest stuff.
Back to square one = I think this is what it means to be a mother.
If it makes you feel better, I don't think I've ever actually made it off square one. I get low blood sugar a lot and it is a horrible feeling, poor guy.
Post a Comment