Saturday, April 11, 2009

Self-Control

I have so little self-control--especially when it comes to Easter candy. But Greg and I practiced major self-control this weekend.

We went furniture shopping (at the Dump, yes Karen and Michelle). We found some leather furniture we liked at a good price. I was even about to make a deal with the sales guy. When he said, "What can I do to have this go home with you to today?", I took it as a dare. I like wheeling and dealing. But, alas, we decided we'd wait.

In this economy, you just can't fork over a couple thousand dollars in case there's no job in a couple of months. And I'm sure Suze Orman would say "DENIED" we can't afford it. I admit, I do not have nine months of emergency fund like she requires. We'd be okay for a few months, but not NINE.

So, the game room will have to stay ugly for awhile. But we'll survive. I'll just stay out of the game room so I won't have to think about it anymore.

1 comment:

Karen said...

See???? It's not that bad! Way to control yourself and walk out without any major purchases :))