Monday, December 7, 2009

Brrrrr....


When we left for Washington DC before Thanksgiving, it was almost 70 degrees at 5 a.m. When we flew into Baltimore it was cold and drizzly, but not too bad. We ate at the inner harbor (Cheesecake Factory, mmmmm) and went to Fort McHenry to see where Francis Scott Key wrote the Star-Spangled Banner. It was pretty neat.

Kyle and Em at the Inner Harbor, Baltimore MD.

It got progressively colder as the week went along.I'm pretty sure I didn't thaw out all week. We took in as many sights as we could: the capitol, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, The Smithsonians, Holocaust Museum, etc. We couldn't get a picture of the White House, however, because they put up a temporary structure for the prime minister's dinner in front of the house. You know the one with the crazy couple who crashes parties. I still can't figure out why on earth they had to put up a temporary structure. I'm pretty sure the White House could've sufficed. But, I don't run the country. Maybe I should.

Em and Kyle at the mall in DC . I assume it's much prettier in the summertime.

We returned to Houston and warm weather. Aaahhh it felt good. But, that wasn't to last long. By Friday we had snow. It still hasn't really warmed up totally, but hopefully by Friday it'll creep up into the 70s since Kyle has a Scout campout.

Now I'm just trying to get everything ready for Christmas so I'm not running around like a crazy woman the week before the big event when the kids are home.( hmmmm... maybe i'll rethink that.)

Life is good.

No comments: