I'm too lazy to put the pix on my computer for now. So here's the rundown of the past few weeks.
1. The kids checked out of school-mode a long time ago. We're all just counting the hours til summer is officially here. (Tomorrow!)
2. Kyle received two awards in sixth grade. He was recognized by two of his teachers for his character traits (respect, hard-working, good attitude, etc.) Each teacher picked one kid from his/her classes. We're proud that 2 teachers recognized our son!
3. Kyle also had a Pops Show as his last choir concert. He's now a fan of the Beatles. I hope I don't have a cane, "when I'm 64!"
4. Speaking of canes, my son is on crutches for spraining his ankle. How he did it? Nobody knows. He should be walking soon.
5. Emily is graduating from fourth grade, so she will "rule the school" next year.
6. She made shirts for her friends. If all the girls stand together, they will read " Lunch Table Buddies 09" She also made each of the girls books that say what she likes about them and memories she has of them. She's so thoughful!
7. I reached a 25-pound weight loss. I'm almost to my goal weight--even though I still haven't decided what my goal is yet. I keep lowering it by five pounds. Don't worry about that though, I'm still well within my healthy range.
8. Greg is working non-stop trying to get ready for a big show in Chicago this month.
9. I have no summer plans yet. Kids are going to camps. I'm going to a camp. We may have to plan a road trip to the Padre Islands or something.
10. I'm SOOOO glad I'll be able to sleep in past 6 a.m. come Friday!!!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations on your weight loss! That is so awesome! Happy day to have the kids out of school, too. I was so sad to read your post about your neighbor... what sad, terrible news.
Are you going to catch a ride to Chicago when Greg goes? I wish I had plans to be there again. I really enjoyed living there while we were there. I saw on Kyle's FB that he sprained his ankle. That's a bummer way to start the summer.
Rendi-I wish I could go. Kyle has scout camp the last week that Greg's in Chicago, and we weren't comfortable with both of us being out of state in case there was a problem.
Wow, that is awesome about your weight loss...you look amazing!!!! I hope you guys have a great Summer...maybe we will see you guys at the pool!!!
Way to go with your weight loss. I really need to work on mine. So far, two pounds lost...yup, those will be back tomorrow!!!!
Post a Comment