Friday, June 5, 2009

MoNeY!

We admit it. We bribe our children. Greg told the kids if they didn't fight or give me grief ALL SUMMER long, he'd give each of them $500 bucks. It'll never last, but I've enjoyed them trying to get along. Kyle did give me grief today, but since his blood sugar was 40 not too long after that, I'm inclined to give him a little leeway.

They told me yesterday that they have A PLAN for not fighting. I'm not sure what that is. And I'm not sure how it'll work if one person continues on the challenge and the other doesn't.

I only wish they could last all summer long, but I'm pretty sure the only one that's gonna have money in his/her pocket by the end of summer is, well, NOBODY!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Yeah - if it works, let me know! We are a week into summer and my kids are AT each other!!

Rendi said...

I say get a summer job, hire a babysitter and then you only have to hear them in the evenings and weekends! Solves $ problems and sanity. I am so kidding- work only makes you deal with other boobs and then you know that kids are much easier to deal with. Drama, but no politics!

Michelle said...

okay, i love this. i told this to my kids but i told them i would do $100 per kid. we will see if they get it. So far so good!

Sonia said...

Well I hope for your sake it works. That is definitely I something I would've been on board with as a child!!! I don't think my kids would even last 24 hours, so I'm not going to offer. Maybe when the two little ones are older. Hmm...I could bribe Adam though, something to consider!

Hot Pants said...

This is too funny. I just ground my kids. It's really a win/win situation. Either they all get along, and we have a good time, or they don't and they're grounded and I don't have to entertain. I would really love to spend the summer laying around doing nothing. I would love to even spend A day laying around and doing nothing.
Good luck with it!