Friday, June 12, 2009

First week of summer vacation

One down, 10 more to go It's soooo hard to get going on Sunday morning.
"Red Rover, Red Rover, Let Emily come over!" Just don't clothesline her and break her back, please! This game is almost as bad as dodgeball.

Me-after Girl Scout Day Camp. Day three. Its not pretty. I have reverse racoon eyes already. And my face feels like it could crack off at any minute.
Kyle finished his baseball season on the Disabled List. He sprained his ankle two days before school let out. Good thing he still had crutches from his hamstring injury last year.

Emily and her friend, Jordyn, jumping on our trampoline the first day of summer vacation
Let's start with an update: neither one of my children is going to get any money.

'Nuff said about that.
We spent the first week at Girl Scout Day Camp. I was co-leading a unit with my friend Naomi. We were in charge of 13 girls going into 4th and 5th grades. We had two teenage girls helping also. Remember the movie Mean Girls? Well, let's just say we had the pee-wee version in our unit. And, apparently some of these moms just didn't want their girls at home, because, quite frankly, they were no fun at all. Camp was NOT for them.They didn't want to get wet, dirty, yada, yada, yada. Isn't that what camp is all about? So I took it upon myself to get everyone wet today with my little orange bucket.

It averaged about 95 degrees this week, so I'm a bit fried. (literally AND figuratively).
I'm going to hibernate until tomorrow afternoon. Then hopefully I'll get to the pool, finally.

No comments: