We've been busy.
We had to do some Scout Camp shopping this week, so Kyle's ready for his 5 a.m. departure on Monday. (Does anybody want to come pick him up?)
Kyle and Adam. Kyle wears his sunglasses at night, just like Cory Hart. Not sure why.
We had to mini-golf at 9 p.m. because it was too hot the rest of the day.
Our friends, the Wynne Family, came to visit from Dallas this week also. We had a fun lunch at La Finca with friends and lots o' kids. We also lounged by the pool for the first time this summer and just relaxed. I took the kids mini-golfing one night, but my camera batteries died so I don't have any better pix. The kids also did this bungee-jump thingy, that looked like lots of fun. I don't think the lady gave them their entire five minutes, but I didn't say anything because I was afraid their stomachs weren't going to be able to handle it anyway!We also received a big box via UPS. Kyle was sooo excited. We ordered him Dallas Mavericks bedding last week, and it finally arrived! We haven't done anything special to the kids' rooms because we thought we were moving this summer. But now that we're staying, it's time to paint and do some things. This is the first step. I think he has bigger plans for his room than I do. Of course, money is no object (for him).
Week three of summer vacation is going to be for just the girls since Greg is in Chicago the rest of the month and Kyle will be camping. As a sidenote, I'm worried about sending Kyle away for a week (ie. is he gonna check his blood sugar and take insulin????) but I have to let him grow up sometime. I'll probably have a headache all next week just thinking about it.
Hope your summer is going well too!
2 comments:
I can imagine you would be very worried sending him away. I remember my mom being worried with Geordie. It's so hard to trust them to do such a serious thing. Take a deep breath and know he is a phone call away!
My summer has not been half as exciting as yours. I find myself saving all my energy for work and then being dead when I get home. Weekends are for catching up, so we haven't done anything and I am as white as a ghost. I really need to get out in the sun and get some rays!
Thanks again for having us. We all had a blast, especially Adam. He told me all about the bungee(sp)thing. It sounded soo cool. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys again this summer. The time we were there just went by too fast. Have a great week with Emily!!!
Post a Comment