Toga, toga, toga....no, just kidding.
But here's what we did do:
The first weekend I was at Time Out for Women in the Woodlands. It was a great time. I stayed up late, got spiritually uplifted, and ate too much at the Cheesecake factory. (Their low-carb cheesecake is delish, btw).
Monday was spent shopping and trying to get ready for camp. I always thought camping was the cheap way to go-NOT! Well, not until after you buy all the cots, camp stoves, tent. yadda, yadda, yadda. We almost returned this beast on Monday night because we couldn't figure out how to set it up. The instructions talked about parts A,B,C, etc. The poles, however, were color coded.
LOVED this tent after all was said and done. Lots of room left even with four cots inside.Tuesday Greg and I went to volunteer at the Bishop's storehouse all day. It was a neat experience. We've never lived anywhere that had a Bishop's storehouse (basically a store our church has to help families in need of food and basic supplies). We were lucky because we didn't do any restocking since they were getting ready to clean shelves the next day.
The Church also makes peanut butter in the same building as the storehouse. Impressive facilities.
The Church also makes peanut butter in the same building as the storehouse. Impressive facilities.On Wednesday, we headed to the rodeo. It was a beautiful day. The whole experience was complete because we had fried food on a stick. That's what the rodeo is all about, right? Gary Allan was the headliner. I only recognized one of his songs, but I don't really listen to his brand of music anyway. Emily asked if 'he was from the 60s or something', because she didn't know him. Kyle thought the concert was fab. I was just happy to be sitting down after walking through the fair all day long.
My little piggies at the races!
We left for camping on Thursday a little later than expected, but that was fine. We stayed at Wolf Creek campground with other 20 families from our ward at church. The best part: not having to do cooking or washing dishes for two days because Kyle was trying to pass off the cooking merit badge. The kids came home happy, tired and dirty. Ah, heaven.
Me, doing absolutely nothing but waiting for the fire to be ready for some s'more making!
When we got home Saturday, we aired things out and tried to get the campfire smell out of our stuff. Then, Greg and I each took a kid and helped them clean their rooms. Apparently my children can't distinguish between trash and treasure, but that's another story.
It was a fantastic Spring Break. Now back to reality...
5 comments:
sounds like you guys had lots of fun! I heard everyone had fun camping. Maybe next year we will go.
Sounds like you guys had a great spring break!!! Good choice going camping when Kyle had to do all the cooking...does he have a new found appreciation for you now?
IT was fun camping with you guys!!
Man- we are in the middle of spring break here and most of mine has been work, work, work. I am saving my vacation days for the fall (I wonder why?) Sounds like you guys had a blast and I am jealous again. I really need to stop coveting...
Fun! It's way too cold here still to even think about camping!!
Post a Comment