Sunday, March 29, 2009

Accomplishments

I made a goal to cook at home ALL WEEK LONG. And I MADE IT!! Well, as long as you don't count a couple lunches at Subway for their value-meals. That hardly counts,right?

One day Greg and I were sitting at Pappasitos and decided if we didn't go out so much, we could buy plane tickets to go somewhere instead. So, I took on the challenge of cooking at home. I never realized how difficult this would be. But when you're running from one place to the next with the kids it sure is easy to pop by a drive-thru or get something while we're out.

Another accomplishment is that Greg and I took back the game room upstairs. Yes, took it back. The kids had complete control!! Craft supplies, webkinz, tech decks, play station, the list goes on and on. We didn't ever go up there because we couldn't stand it.

Now the kids have the stuff in their bedrooms and we can all enjoy hanging out there together...well, after we buy new furniture and a bigger tv for up there. Hey, I'm saving money by cooking at home!!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds like a great plan!!

Michelle said...

That's great. We eat out all the time too! I decided that we were only going to eat out just on the weekends. It works for us. Mom needs a break sometimes! :)

Julie said...

Michelle, I was just glad to make it ONE week. Mom needs a break A LOT. In fact, if it weren't for you having all the boys on Friday night, I for sure would've gone out. Lucky for me Emily asked me to throw in a pizza for dinner. Easy.