These two keep us busy.
Does anybody else look at their kids and wonder when they grew up, got taller, etc? I still agonize at least on a weekly basis over them. Am I teaching them enough? Are they overscheduled? Do they have enough responsibility? Are they hard workers? How do I instill a sense of accountability? These are the things I lose sleep over. These are the things that didn't occur to me thirteen years ago when I decided it was time to have children.
Parenting changes a whole lot as the kids grow. When they were little, I didn't think they'd ever grow up or I'd ever get past the "I'm going to pull my hair out if I don't do something more exciting than play Thomas the Train and change diapers all day" phase. In hindsight, those days were but a blur. And I survived. Now, my days are just as busy, just as challenging, and just as fulfilling. All in a different way.
Does anybody else look at their kids and wonder when they grew up, got taller, etc? I still agonize at least on a weekly basis over them. Am I teaching them enough? Are they overscheduled? Do they have enough responsibility? Are they hard workers? How do I instill a sense of accountability? These are the things I lose sleep over. These are the things that didn't occur to me thirteen years ago when I decided it was time to have children.Parenting changes a whole lot as the kids grow. When they were little, I didn't think they'd ever grow up or I'd ever get past the "I'm going to pull my hair out if I don't do something more exciting than play Thomas the Train and change diapers all day" phase. In hindsight, those days were but a blur. And I survived. Now, my days are just as busy, just as challenging, and just as fulfilling. All in a different way.
2 comments:
Well put. I couldn't have said it better myself. Raising kids is complex.
Okay, just catching up on blogs - your post about my Kyle is so humbling to me. You are such a great friend. Thank you!
I hope you have a great weekend!
Sounds like you need to mix it up a little and have another baby...come on, everyone is doing it! Big gaps are great!
Post a Comment