Emily and the Honor Choir did a wonderful job singing the National Anthem at Friday's Katy Rodeo.
Of course, it's all about the food for the kiddos. Nachos, soda, country fries, sausage on a stick...Of course, I was excited that the food didn't cost an arm and a leg like at the ballpark. For $20 we got into the rodeo and got sufficiently full of junk-food.
"I wanna be a cowboy, and you can be my cowgirl." We were all very entertained, especially by the mutton bustin' and bucking broncos. Emily and I just turned away when they lassoed the calves. We could do without that part.On Sunday, we took a stroll down the bayou path. I even missed my Sunday afternoon nap for it. Can you believe it? We hadn't seen a gator in awhile, so we figured we'd go on a "gator walk". We found two little baby gators and a turtle sleeping on a log.
Greg reminded me that we've been here almost 2 1/2 years. (Well, he's been here that long, the kids and I got here later...but it still feels new because there are so many different things to see and do. We just love it.
3 comments:
What a cool blog! That had to be fun for Emily to sing in the rodeo. We were going to go but something else came up.
Sounds like you guys had a great time, I wish we would've gone to the rodeo when we were down there!
That sounds like so much fun that we just might need to do that sometime! Tell Emily that she looked great!
Post a Comment