Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat!!

Emily the cowgirl. Yeehaaa

Kyle, AKA Napolean Dynamite
For some reason I didn't have the "holiday"spirit this year. I put very few things out to decorate until Halloween Day. Then Emily decided we needed to festive-up. So she made some spooky decorations for us.

Kyle originally thought he was too old to trick or treat. But then some boys from school invited him to go with them, so all of a sudden it was cool again. He originally wanted to be Ace Frehley from KISS, but when the costume started reaching $50 and we still didn't have everything, I gently persuaded him to change his mind. So, for $20 and a new pair of jeans, voile, we have Napolean. I don't know if anyone really knew who he was supposed to be, but the wig is pretty rockin' nonetheless. (Click on the photo for the full effect)

Emily wanted to be a cowgirl. That was easy! I wish she'd let me do braided pigtails all the time, but she won't let me touch her hair. I took her around the neighborhood until those cowboy boots hurt her feet. We had a fun time together while Greg handed out the candy at home.

Now the kids need to keep their candy out of my sight so I don't eat it all...

3 comments:

Kari said...

Yeah, I need that candy out of my reach too! Cute costumes and I love Emily's hair!!

Rendi said...

Candy, candy, candy- oh how fat I am becoming! I love Kyle's costume- he even has the right facial stare!

jeffandleath said...

okay, I must explain - no, Abe Lincoln is not very handsome. He is just one of the most incredible men to ever walk the face of the Earth and he loved and married a woman who struggled with her sanity (for some reason,that is so endearing).