Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Emily's Good Week

Emily thinks she had the best week EVER. (Except the throwing up part that is.)
First, she found out that she made the school spelling bee.
Ten fourth graders and ten fifth graders make it each year. They gave her a book to study with words that even I don't know.
Then, she found out that she made the Honor Choir. Probably over 500 kids auditioned for 50-75 spots. She was thrilled!! Her two music teachers gave her the good news before the end of the school day. Emily got off the bus (and I happened to be outside to see), and sprinted home singing "good news, good news..."
Lastly, she received an Honor award for her literature piece in the school's Reflections program.
I guess her piece will be hanging on the hallway walls for the school to see.
Way to go Em!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Yay! Good for Emily!!

Rendi said...

That is so impressive! Congrats to you Emily- I was a spelling bee person myself in the 5th and 6th grade. I loved it! Keep up the good work!!!

The Walker Family said...

Way to go Emily...that is quite the week of achievements. :)