I always marvel at other people's pix of their cute kids all dressed up, hair done, smiling. Mine don't mind getting dressed up. But Emily hates having her hair done and if we make the kids get even somewhat within arm's length of each other, they start complaining. This gets me mad and them grounded. Hence, my Sunday picture-taking session was not very fun. The kids are not allowed to get on the computer for two weeks because of all their whining.
But at least we got a picture of Greg and I. Do we pretend we don't have children on our Christmas cards this year? Do we let everyone know our kids aren't perfect? GASP!!!
See, we still do love each other
We're all in the picture. And nobody's hitting anyone else. That's the closest thing to perfection as we're going to get.


5 comments:
What a good looking family! We're getting family pictures taken next Friday. My kids always act a little over enthused, I'm not sure why. But it makes for a really dorky picture. So we've got about a week to work on it.
BTW, I don't have any patience for kids fighting either. The first thing that always goes here is "anything with a monitor". See, it covers tv, computer, video games and gameboys. They absolutely hate it when I pull that card. All I have to do it threaten it, and all of a sudden they are all total BFF's.
I think that last one turned out good! But boy do I hear what you're saying!! Family pics are SO stressful and I'm about to submerge myself to that same stress again very soon!
I think the pictures are great! Besides, isn't that what every family goes through trying to get pictures done. I know we do. Avery is like Emily, she hates to have her hair fixed, Adam is like Kyle, please don't make me put my arm around Avery, and then we have an additional kid, Aidan, who just laughs the entire time and can't keep a straight face, or smile. Oh well, what can you do! Yours did turn out great though!
What a nice looking family...does that mean we get a Christmas card with a pic? I am referring all requests for pics to my blog- that is as close as anyone is getting!
It's great to know that family picture day is not so "happy" for other families too....I tell you, there's been a few years where I've been SCREAMING at my kids "you better smile or else"...that's some serious lack of parenting skills right there..ha! ha! :)
Post a Comment