Friday, November 14, 2008

Supermom


During Sunday School last week, we had a talk about what it means to be a Supermom...and why we women feel like we never do enough when we give our whole lives to the cause! Being a Supermom is supposed to be glamorous right?
Well last night I had a revelation at 2 a.m. as I was cleaning up Emily's bedroom carpet, washing the sheets, etc . OK, 2 revelations. One is that I'm going to invent a "vomit vacuum". And the other is that it takes a Supermom to console a sick kid while cleaning up after her and not being completely grossed out. No glamour in that! I'm not calling myself Supermom. I'm just saying it takes a special God-given something to be a mom, period. Especially at 2 a.m.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

You are exactly right! And if you do ever invent a vomit vacuum, let me know. I've got to get one of those things, lol!!!! Hope everyone is well now, and no one else got sick!

Hot Pants said...

I think the problem is that most of us don't really have much of a choice in the matter. If we don't do it, no one will. They need to give those lessons to the men, not the women. The title could be "Quit expecting your wife to do EVERYTHING!" They should also have monthly men meetings teaching them how to take care of some of this crap. A man homemaking class.

Rendi said...

I am agreeing with Hot Pants- a man homemaking class. That being said, sorry you have to deal with vomit and compassion at the same time. I know I struggle with that one myself!