Sorry I don't have pictures to post. Emily took pix on her camera, but not sure where it is at the moment...
The kids and I headed up to Dallas this week. I promised the kids I'd take them up there this summer to see the Wynne's (Kyle's BFF/neighbor who moved to Dallas in July). I wasn't planning on intruding on them so darn close to when they moved, but it was the only good chunk of free time we had for the rest of the summer.
The drive was a little over 4 hours, and I have to say, the kids did extremely well. I didn't hear a single "Are we there yet?" But I did hear "where/when are we stopping for lunch" a couple of times.
I've never been to the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so it was nice to explore something new. I was impressed by how close the TX Rangers ballpark, the new Cowboy Stadium, and the Six Flags were to each other. It seems like a really nice area to live.
We went to a Rangers baseball game on Friday night. At the 7 p.m. start time it was 100 degrees. And it was stifling. But the game was a blast. The Rangers won in the bottom of the ninth.
It was fun to see Sonia and the kids again. Although Kyle was a bit teary-eyed when we left. I was afraid of that. But hopefully Adam will come down and stay with us for a few days sometime when his dad comes down for work.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for making the trip! We had so much fun! You'll have to make sure to come again, soon!
Hey Julie! Did you make it through the storm? What does Greg think of all this Farve stuff? The Pack could win the SuperBowl if he plays this year!
Alan (Rendi's better half)
Post a Comment