Sunday, August 17, 2008

My long weekend

Greg took the kids to Minnesota to surprise his mom and siblings. Meanwhile, I've been getting things done that are easier to do sans kids. For example, I painted Emily's dollhouse/bookshelf purple. I organized closets. I dealt w/ insurance issues, got my hair done (cut and color), did back-to-school shopping, and lots of other not-too-exciting but needed-to-get done stuff.

Oh yeah, I've also watched a bit of the Olympics. I'm always amazed at the grueling schedules/workouts that these athletes have. If I just had a hundredth of their determination I think I could accomplish anything!!

Anyway, I still have one more day of organizing left before everyone gets home, but I need to get more crates from Target first.

One more week til school starts for us....hope everyone is enjoying this last bit of summer!!

2 comments:

Sonia said...

I seriously need a weekend like that! I'd be sooo nice to get things done without the kids going right behind me un-doing everything I just did! Maybe one day!

Rendi said...

Julie- when are you going to update this? I keep coming to check, but there is nothing to see! Get on it!