Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Edouard

We SURVIVED Tropical Storm Edouard!!

OK. The truth is, we got a little much-needed rain. Nothing more. Nothing less.
We were prepared though. We flipped over the trampoline. Put the basketball hoop down, brought in the grill, the potted plants, the bench, yada yada yada. We stayed up late watching the weather channel like excited little ones who can't sleep on Christmas Eve.


The most exciting thing happened last night at football practice. Around 7 p.m. it started pouring (and if you've ever lived in Houston, you know that the heavens open and rain just gushes). The kids and I were soaking wet when we got home. We had to dry off and change in the laundry room before we got any farther into the house.

I'm thankful that nothing terrible happened, but we could've used just a little more excitement!
Oh wait, I got my wish at 1 a.m. last night when emily threw up all over the hallway floor. I guess Edouard was a little too much for her!

4 comments:

Sonia said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are okay! Sorry to hear about Emily though! Tell her we hope she feels better soon! That sounds like the kind of excitement I'm used to, lol!

Rendi said...

Good to know Alan likes to post comments as well! Glad you survived the storm, but how is Greg surviving the big trade? Is he now a Jet's fan?

Kari said...

Ahh all that hype for nothing, huh? I guess it's better to be prepared!

Karen said...

Poor Emily! I hope she's feeling better.