Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My weekend

It feels like Monday to me because the kids had the day off school yesterday...but I digress.

Actually, the weekend was pretty darn fun (until Sunday).

Friday, we sent the boys camping with the Scouts. It was Kyle's first Boy Scout campout, and he was so excited about it. Unfortunately, they weren't allowed to have campfires because it was dry, but they managed to have fun anyway. Kyle apparently got attacked by a cactus playing "capture the flag" in the dark, but boys like battle scars anyway.

On the homefront, I had some friends over. We mostly ate and talked while the girls under the age of 10 played upstairs. I hope everyone had a good time. I know I did.

At 10 p.m., Naomi and I decided to start a movie. We wanted to watch all the Bourne movies in a row, but after the first one, reality hit. So we skipped to Bourne Ultimatum (the third movie), since we had watched movie #2 just a few months ago. We were up til at least 2 a.m. watching movies. But, hey, Matt Damon's not too difficult to watch in the first place.

I set my alarm for 8, because one of the girls who slept over had a basketball game that morning and her mom was coming to get her at 8:30. After that, I crawled back into bed for a few more winks.

Saturday afternoon, I took cookies to the Pinewood Derby. (Greg was in charge of refreshments, but he was out out town still.) Then I took Emily to a birthday party. So I decided to get some necessary "work" at the salon. The boys got home shortly thereafter.

Then it was off to picking up Emily and getting those trash bags at Target that I kept forgetting to buy.

I started watching Forrest Gump with Greg Saturday night, but I've seen it a bazillion times. So I popped open my "How to Raise a Self-Disciplined Child" book. Very interesting read...

After sleeping for a few hours, I woke up with a cough attack. So I decided to be nice and sleep on the couch so I wouldn't be coughing in Greg's ear all night. My throat hurt too, which wasn't a good sign. I crawled back into bed after Greg left for church sometime. Next thing I knew, it was 1:30 p.m. YES, I slept that long!!

I'm almost to 100%, but not quite.

Hopefully this week will be productive. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Sonia said...

There must be something in the air. I woke up with an asthma attack Sunday morning, but am better now! Thanks again for having us over, and for keeping Adam busy all day yesterday!!!

Kari said...

Don't we all love productivity, especially us SAH Moms!!

Sounds like you are still the ambitious friend you've always been - taking on all those extra's with the boys away!

I wanna see pics of your "salon work!" I hope you have a great week! :)

Julie said...

Kari, hehehe. I just got my brows waxed!!LOL

Kari said...

I've never had my brows waxed though I want to give it a shot sometime - for now - plucking will have to do (after all these medical bills from Laren's knee surgery!)