We spent a LOT of time in the car this past week. We dropped off Kyle in Kerrville (4 hours away) for Diabetes Camp on Sunday. My father-in-law and his wife met us there so they could see Kyle for an hour. (They had a wedding in Dallas and extended their stay to see us.)

After dropping Kyle off, we headed to San Antonio to see the Riverwalk. Last time we went to the Riverwalk with Roland and Sue it was January and they were draining the river. Ugly. For $10 bucks these guys sang "Guantanamera" to us. They had THE TIGHTEST black pants on. I'm not sure how they could breathe.
Then, we headed back up to Fredericksburg, an old little German tourist town. We went to a German restaurant so everyone could get schnitzel, hot potato salad and saurkraut. ummm... I got a BLT. I may be German, but no thanks.
Fredericksburg is supposed to have good peaches, but we were there a little early in the season. Das Peach Haus had no peaches. We did find a guy on the side of the road selling though. They weren't Fredericksburg peaches, but they were TX peaches-Delish.
Then we headed to Austin with a stop in Johnson City. Johnson City is where Lyndon B. Johnson was raised. Yes, it was named Johnson City before he was Prez. We had a nice little educational tour of his childhood home, watched some interesting films about he and his wife, and learned a lot, quite frankly.

Lyndon B. Johnson's childhood home.
Made me realize how simple life was. Wish it were still that way sometimes. I looked at this home where the family sat around the kitchen table to listen to a radio program, and now we're all in different rooms watching different television programs/playing video games. I'd still keep the flush toilets, hot water, drive-thrus though!
Made me realize how simple life was. Wish it were still that way sometimes. I looked at this home where the family sat around the kitchen table to listen to a radio program, and now we're all in different rooms watching different television programs/playing video games. I'd still keep the flush toilets, hot water, drive-thrus though!Then to Austin, our State Capitol.
You really have to take a tour of the capitol building to understand why Texas is Texas. The tour guide asked if Emily was a TX girl, and she answered yes. Never thought of us as Texans, but I guess we are since we live here and love it.
So now we're back home and I'm trying to catch up on things. Emily got invited to go back to San Antonio with a friend for a few days. So Kyle and I have been hanging out together. One more month til school starts, but who's counting? (26 days)!


No comments:
Post a Comment