
The swine flu scare has hit Katy, TX, y'all!
Kyle came home from school on Friday with a note from school: Beckendorff Junior High will be closed until May 11 because of a probable case of swine flu!
So, I have a companion during the day now. I made him help me clean to get ready for Grandma's visit. Today he ran errands with me so I wouldn't be lonely. It's actually been quite nice, especially since I now get to sleep til 7 a.m.! Woo Hoo!
I personally think it's ridiculous that school is closed because of a "probable" case. All the kids are just gonna hang out at places other than school. We've yet to find out whether they'll have to make this time up. So far, due to "natural catastrophe" I think Kyle will have missed about 12 days of school when all is said and done.
Grandma Baldwin is flying into town today. I think Emily is going to come down with the swine flu this week so she can stay home too. Oink Oink.
2 comments:
We were joking around with our kids, who all have slight coughs, that they have the swine flu. Yesterday, my twelve year old had me pick him up early because he thought he really had it, and today at the gym, my three year old told everyone that he had the swine flu. The joke isn't so funny anymore I guess. Have fun with your little buddy.
That's crazy! I can't believe the hype that has gone into this. There haven't been any school closings here that I know of, but there was one district in UT.
Post a Comment