I still haven't had time to think of my New Year's resolutions. But they never really change.
1. Lose weight
2. Get organized
3. Work at becoming a millionaire.
I'm doing okay at two out of the three. I'll let you figure out which two!
We celebrated Emily's half-birthday on January 7. I made her this cookie cake and cut it in half. (It is only a HALF birthday you know) She wanted it to say Nick & MLE (emily). But since we cut it in half, we were supposed to celebrate with just NICK, as in Nick Jonas. Kyle kept taking off the N icing, so it would say ICK. Brothers!

Emily's 9 1/2 birthday cake. We make a semi-big deal out of half birthdays because Kyle's is on September 11th.
We basically just worked on getting back into the swing of things after the holiday--and getting over sicknesses. Nothing too exciting. Then Kyle decided to liven things up a bit.
Kyle's proud of grossing his mother out!
He went on a Scout camp-out where they had a pig roast. He came back with a pig foot--or hoof or paw or whatever it is. Luckily it's cooked, but it's still sitting on my kitchen counter in a ziplock bag. Not sure what he plans on doing with it besides chasing after his mother with it.
So far 2009 is going well. What are YOUR resolutions?
4 comments:
My resolution is to make a few resolutions. That hoof looks nasty.
1. Lose weight, again!
2. Be positive!
3. Try not to have anymore surgery!
4. Start having half birthdays, for my kids and myself!
I'm sure there are more, but I'm in too much pain to think of them, lol! I agree that pig foot is nasty...yuck! And lol about the N in Nick thing. Adam would totally do that too! Tell Emily, happy half birthday for us!
I think Lose Weight is always at the top of my list too, LOL!! Yep and getting organized is number 2, but that is kind of hard to do when I'm in temporary circumstances.
I also want to delve deeper into the scriptures, read more good books and spend more quality time with my kids.
Okay- it's time for an update...
Post a Comment