
We survived our trip to Wisconsin. I will have more to post after I get all my photos to the computer. We drove 22 long hours to get there, but we made it to my parents' home on December 21st. And we got back this past Sunday. I've decided that my van was just a living room on wheels for the kids. What could be better than watching DVDs all day, drinking soda, eating chips, and getting fast food for two days? Isn't that every kid's dream? OK. Maybe not. But my kids didn't mind.
Three things I learned from this trip:
1. I hate winter and am sooo glad we get to stay in Houston. (Sorry Dow Chemical that your little joint venture didn't work with the Kuwaiti government, but I'm happy to be here.)
2. The speed limit in Illinois is only 65. And they WILL pull you over once you cross the state line. (Poor Greg!)
3. Next time, we're flying.
6 comments:
Road trips are the best! I have never really minded them...but I am a little bit crazy! I enjoy them because Alan does all the driving, I get to do various projects, and I get undivided time with my kids. I know...crazy!
How fun to find your blog! Glad you're back!
Rendi-It wasn't that bad really. But I get car sick if I do anything besides just sit there or drive. Actually, I prefer driving.
I can't wait until all my kids are old enough to do the road trip thing. Four hours is still pretty much all Aidan can take. I'm glad to hear you guys survived it though. I love the third thing you learned, lol!!!!
22 hours straight?!! You guys are the Bomb!! I don't think either we or our kids could survive that kind of drive!
I'm so glad you could go home for a visit though!
You are a brave, brave woman! Glad you made it home in one piece!
Post a Comment