The day before we left Houston. Sunny and warm. Roses in bloom. Kids in shorts...
After arriving in Wisconson. Freezing Cold. Snowy. Bundled up. Heaven for the kids!
Grandpa Kunz, Kyle,12, Emily 9, Josie,12, Jacob, 9, Justin, 12, Cassie,14, Grandma KunzWe got to spend Christmas with my parents. We haven't been around family for the past two Christmases, so it was nice to be with everyone again. Grandparents always LOVE to have their whole gang of grandkids around, don't they? I can hardly believe how all the kids are growing up.
The cousins played about a million rounds of UNO over Christmas break. Funny. We haven't played UNO in forever at our house. I guess it's a good game for any number of players!
We ventured to Wilson Junior High for a day of sledding. OK. An hour of sledding. I had to go to the "warming house" --a.k.a. sit in the car --before the kids were done. I guess I need to get a face mask like Kyle. I did go down on the tube a time or two. The kids had a BLAST, and reminded me that they LOVE the snow.
On our way back to Houston, we decided to take three days and make a few stops. Our first stop was St. Louis. The kids wanted to see the Arch. We got into town late Friday afternoon and were able to go see it in the daylight. Good thing too, since it was cloudy the next morning. We wanted to see the St. Louis Temple, but the freeway to get there was closed, and we didn't have a good map to get us there another way. Kyle and I went to St. Louis in 1997 when Greg's brother got married there.
After a other day of driving, we stopped in Little Rock, Arkansas. This is the state capitol. We always like checking out state capitols if we get a chance. They always look very pretty lit up at night. We stopped at a Sonic for dinner that night. It was the strangest thing though. There was no drive-in. Just a place to eat inside. (That reminds me, I need to double check my credit card since they tried giving me 4 chicken tenders instead of a 4 oz chicken tender!)
We saw 35 different states' license plates
Swam in three different hotel pools
Ate lots of fast food (yuck!)
Helped my mom host a very large party
Celebrated our 14th Wedding Anniversary
Rang in the New Year with my parents. (Truth be told, Emily is the only one who stayed up til midnight)
Got one speeding ticket (Greg)
Saw lots of cool things
Visited with family and friends
Stressed about Greg's work
Shoveled the walks
Froze our buns off
Wished that we NEVER have to live where it's cold again
LOVED IT!
5 comments:
You are so funny! I love the snow, but I too don't think I could live in a cold state again! I've gotten to used to the freaky unpredictable Texas weather!
Sounds like a great time! I hope things are stable with Greg's job. I wished we had a closer place to park when we took the kids sledding last week, but it was too far away to just slip away for a bit!
Every winter we say we wish we were still in Texas. Glad you made it there and back safe.
I love that you thought to take a pic of the kids here in Texas before you left to compare with the snow pics you knew you would be taking! You are so clever.
That old Manitowocian in both of you will never go away- you secretly love the cold and snow! Did you guys bow down to the Clinton shrine in Little Rock???
Post a Comment