
Greg and I are staying at the Marriott South Beach on Ocean Drive. Meanwhile, we flew Grandma B down to watch Kyle and Emily at home. It's a win-win.
The hotel isn't as nice as we were hoping. But, I guess the fact that it's right on the beach makes up for the fact that the ice machine on our floor has been out-of-order since we checked in.
We got here a few days before Greg's convention started, so we could do a little relaxing together. We spent one day on the beach together, the next sightseeing and taking a boat tour, and the next driving down to the Florida Keys.
While Greg is working, I try to keep myself busy. It's difficult. I try really hard to get out of bed by 10 a.m. so I can meander down to the pool or the beach before it gets too crowded and I can't get a good spot.
I have no issues with eating at a restaurant by myself, so today I ate lunch (unfortunately, nobody was there to remind me that I'd regret eating fish and chips) and then did some window shopping in the area. (Note to self: make sure they have public restrooms in the area after you down 4 diet cokes during lunch.)
Now I'm just waiting for Greg to finish his work party on the rooftop of Hotel Victor. Then I'll join him. We're gonna spend the night in the penthouse. That rooftop hot tub is waiting for me!
2 comments:
Poor you...
Hmmm...life is so tough.
Post a Comment