Friday, February 5, 2010

Change of plans

Pretty soon Julie's Views from TX will be my views from Michigan. Yep. Michigan. Back to the cold. I've never even been to Michigan. Then again, I had never been to Houston before I came here house hunting.

I've been in denial this week. Then I was in mourning. Then I bought myself a Twix bar because chocolate and diet coke cure all ills. But now I'm gonna buck up and carry on. After all, I love my husband. I would follow him anywhere...And we can't afford two houses in two different states :-)

The kids will finish out the school year here. Other than that, I have no timing details. I just know it'll be a wild ride.

6 comments:

Hot Pants said...

You really should try the Boise area.

Karen said...

Those lucky Michiganites (is that a word??). Congrats on the new opportunity, you are amazing and will be happy wherever you are!!!

Kate said...

I can't believe your moving to Michigan. It definitely will be very cold next winter for you!

Emily Rathke said...

Maybe having you back in the midwest will mean more chances to visit?? You can always swing by on your way to Manitowoc . . . Good luck with the transition.

Michelle said...

I still can't believe you guys are leaving. Congrats on the new job opportunity! Michigan is lucky to have you guys. I will miss Emily in Activity Days!!

Rendi said...

I agree with Hot Pants...you should try the Boise area! Variety is the spice of life and you like it hot! Good luck with the move and we hope to see you in Mexico with us in October.