Well, it was on Sunday anyway. I've been celebrating for about a week. I figure it'll show up on the scale soon enough. On Monday, however, I officially became a lifetime member of WW, so I only need to be weighed monthly. Whew!
We went to Taste of Texas for dinner on Friday. It's the kind of place where you can cut your steak with a butter knife, but can only go periodically to save the waistline AND the wallet.
The waiter took our drink order right away-diet cokes all around. When he set a caraffe of DC on our table, my kids started giggling and said that the waiter must know me. We ate til we were stuffed. Then the dessert tray came around. No thanks, we said. Then, he explained I would get a free dessert since it was my b-day. Well, you know me. I cannot pass up a free anything. So I had a plain piece of cheesecake with a sparkler on top. Greg figured he and the kids would split some snickers pie. They were both yummy, but most of it was eaten for breakfast on Saturday. See? I really am celebrating!


Emily impersonating the bear in the lobby. Last time we were there, a mischievous worker roared in the microphone and scared the heck out of us.
We had a little party on Sunday when Emily invited half of the neighborhood girls over for cake. That's the life of a mom, I guess. Good thing she baked me a cake!
Let's hope my next year is as good as the last. Cause I really can't complain about my '24th' year at all :-)
3 comments:
Congrats on the WW thing...I need to seek out help. I actually just need more time to be able to exercise...where can I find that? Having a baby when you are so old is not so easy on the body! Glad your day was great...too bad birthdays aren't everyday!
It sounds like you had a great birthday...and looks like you guys have been pretty busy too! I was so excited to see the pictures and read the updates...I haven't been blog surfing in a while!!! Darn Facebook, lol!!!
You look beautiful, Julie!!! Glad you had a nice birthday!!
Post a Comment