Monday, September 20, 2010

Irony


I was on my way into the gym this morning, when a man caught up with me on the sidewalk. He told me I looked like an athlete, and asked if I worked out a lot. (Lest you think he was hitting on me, this man was older than my father.) I just laughed and told him that I try, but it doesn't always happen. Darn, I did a good job picking out those new gym clothes at Marshalls last week!
An hour later, I was finishing my core class--only halfway through my planned workout for the morning and fading fast. It then occured to me that I needed food. My breakfast this morning consisted of Diet Coke and crumbs of a 7 layer bar I was putting in Kyle's lunch. OK, maybe a little more than crumbs...Breakfast of Champions. I only lasted 30 minutes of zumba before I decided I might just pass out. And that's not cool. I'm sure pro athletes would be appalled at my diet coke breakfast, but it was just one of those mornings. Tomorrow, I'll open the wheaties.

No comments: