Friday, October 16, 2009

Are you kidding me?

I think I'm being punk'd, even though I have no celebrity status and nobody cares.

It started this morning at 7:15. My assignment was to let in the 5th graders for morning choir practice. The choir teacher told me I can't even let in teachers, they have to use their own keys. Awkward... But then a very rough-looking, tatooed from neck-to-toe bus driver shows up at the door asking to use the bathroom. UMMMMM. What to do? I didn't even know where the bathroom was in that area of the school. Lucky for me, after a few moments another choir director came and dealt with the situation.

Then, I headed off to the gym for kickboxing at 8:30. I pull into the parking lot around 8:25 when my phone rings. I didn't recognize the number, so I didn't answer. But decided to listen to the voicemail. It was Kyle. He has high blood sugar and no insulin. Can I bring him some? Grrrrr...That can't really wait. So I head home, get the stuff, drop it off and head back to the gym. By this time my class is half over so I head to the machines and turn on the ipod. There's NOTHING loaded onto it! I have no idea why my ipod is wiped clean. It's very difficult to workout without motivating music. So I stayed for a mere 30 minutes and headed home.

Not sure what else the day will bring. Good thing I'm not a drinkin' woman or I would've pulled out the bottle already. You know that the Diet Coke can is popped open though--with lots of ice and a colorful straw. The day will end with 10 little girl scouts at my house for a pizza party tonight. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Rendi said...

Ahh Julie, so good to hear that you have challenges but I am proud of you for still getting that workout! I would have given up so much sooner than you.