Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Procrastination

I've been really good at one thing lately-procrastinating-EVERYTHING.

Here's what's been going on with the Baldwins.


Kyle fell off his bike while we were riding on a part of Fry Rd with no sidewalks. We were blazing our own trail. But apparently, Kyle is not a trailblazer. He didn't actually break the bone, but hurt his elbow. A "bone bruise" the doc called it. Didn't know you could bruise a bone. I told him he couldn't just tell people he fell off his bike. He needed to make it sound more daring. His friend made up a story that he was trying to do a triple flip on his bike, but didn't make the last turn. That sounds way better. CPS, please don't come to my door. My kids are just accident-prone.I spent a really fun week at Girls Camp in August-playing games, eating chocolate, tubing on Lake Conroe and having my swimsuit bottoms drop down to my knees. Good times.The last week of summer, Emily's friend Jordyn hung out with us. (Her mom went back to work at the high school.) These girls kept themselves busy all day long. Their favorite was playing Sing It on the wii. Two very good entertainers, I tell ya.

One thing I don't have a picture of, and probably won't ever, is Kyle's room. I'm painting it Dallas Maverick blue. Don't tell Kyle, but it will probably NEVER be finished. I keep messing up the wall near the ceiling. I can't paint in a straight line, so I'm always getting blue paint on the ceiling. No amount of tape or aid is helping because the walls are textured. So I'm painting, fixing, painting, fixing. Meantime, my back is KiLlInG me because I'm reaching overhead to do this. (Good excuse to skip the gym and go back to bed.)

That's all folks. I'd write ya a list of everything else I'm procrastinating, but that would be too much work. So I think I'll take a nap instead.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy and having fun!! There is a "thing-a-mob" you can buy at Home Depot with a paint pad on it and a wheel on the edge to help you from painting on the ceiling. (Sorry can't think of the name, but it is red and about the size of your palm). It is only about $3-$4. It is not completely fool proof, but it helps.