Have you ever heard the joke about the husband coming home to find a mess everywhere, the kids running around dirty, laundry piled up, etc, etc, and his wife is in bed watching tv? She explains that he wonders what she does all day....well, this is what happens when she doesn't do it. OK. I didn't give the joke justice, but that's been my life this week.
I cannot get over this sickness. I'm sick of being sick. Except for when I had commitments at the kids' school, I slept ALL DAY LONG Monday-Wednesday. No joke. Greg was working from home, so he dealt w/ the kids when they got home from school. I pretty much got up to make dinner, make sure the kids did their homework, and went back to bed.
Meanwhile, my house looks like the lady who took the day off. I went upstairs for the first time in days. Did I ever mention I hate going upstairs?? The kids tell me they cleaned their rooms, but I'm not sure what their standard of clean is. Kyle has boxers and other clothes on his closet floor (clean or dirty, nobody knows), Emily has a suitcase w/ webkinz and papers right in the middle of her doorway. If she were to get up in the middle of the night, she'd break a leg.
They both have "stuff" strewn around their rooms. WHY CAN'T THEY JUST THROW STUFF OUT???
OK. I'm crabby. I admit it.
This morning, the school nurse called. Kyle was walking in the gym after getting off the bus and he heard a "pop" and fell to the ground. Long story...Kyle has strained his hamstring twice in the past few months. Orthopedist says it can easily get reinjured, so Kyle can't play sports right now. The school nurse, who sends kids back to the classroom who are throwing up, suggested I take him home and get him back to the doctor. He missed enough school already. I brought him his crutches. If he still needs them when he gets home, I'll call. The school won't let him skip PE tomorrow without a doctor's note, even if he is on crutches. This is why i'm crabby.
I'm going to the doc at 11 to get some meds so I can finally get better. I have things to do, after all. My body misses going to the gym. And my family misses having groceries, clean clothes, etc.
Wish me luck!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man do I feel your pain!!! Let me know if I can do anything to help!!! You can send your kids my way whenever, even if you just need a break!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!
Post a Comment